Thursday, August 12, 2010

I'm Glad to Finally Be Blogging :D

So many of you have great blogs out there. I really enjoy reading and following what everyone has to say!

Somehow it seems appropriate that today I'm finally entering the world of blogs myself. My first novel, POSER, came out this June.  I'm visiting my parents for the first time since then. I'm sitting typing this back in my childhood room, beside my bookshelf full of all my old favorite books. Their covers are worn out from being read and re-read. When I pick one up, I feel like I'm visiting old friends, favorite old places. Those writers had such a wonderful impact on my life. No matter what was going on, I always knew I could disappear into the pages of a book, and that is a wonderful thing.

When I arrived home, I found my parents had put my own book alongside them. I've done signings and readings, have seen my book in store windows and on the internet. However, seeing it there, on my shelf--I think that's when it really hit home. That other readers might be carried into my story. That I've been able to give back, just a teeny bit, in return for all those wonderful moments my favorite writers created for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment